Gain a unique understanding of local Menang Noongar culture through ‘Coming on Country’ and experiencing where and how Aboriginal people moved throughout the landscape with our fully guided Aboriginal Cultural tour specialising in the environment, anthropological and cultural aspects of the Menang People who, for over 40 000 years have lived in this area.
Discover local knowledge, explore and venture into amazing Menang Aboriginal cultural sites and ancient wisdom.
Professional interpretive guides with extensive knowledge of geology, fauna, flora, Indigenous culture and stories will accentuate your experience.
Visit ancient camping grounds, meeting places and traditional fishing grounds. Kurrah Mia offers guests a sensory experience while exploring some of the region’s natural environment. Develop a connection to country as you walk and listen carefully to what nature and these wonderful sites have to share with us.
- Six hour tour of combined driving, walking, learning with photo and relaxing opportunities.
- Visit three culturally significant sites
- Mt Manypeaks ancient camping ground with artefacts and Dreamtime stories
- Kalgan Hall meeting ground with anthropological history
- Relax with Dreamtime stories at the historical Fish traps, tasting bushfoods and medicines.
- Lunch and drinks not provided
Ages 7 – 70 years, of good health and above poor fitness, balance and mobility.
Natural bush – Some rocky areas may be slippery.
No refund or bad weather cancellations.
What to bring:
Day Pack Lunch and snacks Water – at least 1 litre
Rain jacket Warm clothing Shoes with good grip and enclosed
Sun block and hat Camera Personal medications